Malaysia Airlines says it has lost contact with a plane travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, with 239 people on board.
The airline said in a statement that flight MH370 disappeared at 02:40 local time on Saturday (18:40 GMT on Friday).
It had been expected to land in Beijing at 06:30 (22:30 GMT).
The plane went off the radar in Vietnamese airspace, according to a statement on the Vietnamese government website.
Its last known location was south of Vietnam’s Ca Mau peninsular although the exact position was not clear, it said.
HOW DOES A PLANE JUST DISAPPEAR. this is scary. and real.
i hate the fact that i am always the person who likes others more, like if someone just leaves me, it really fucking destroys me, and i dont really know what to do. i feel confused about everything for weeks, years even, and i dont really know what i have done to make everyone leave me. i dont understand how other people can just be totally okay. its like no matter what, i am always the one that hurts the most, and that really fucking sucks.
- don’t ever feel bad for asking me to tag a trigger
- i do not care what the trigger is
- i will tag it for you
- you have legitimate reasons to be triggered by it
- and i am not one to question those reasons
- so just send me an ask
- anonymous if you’re scared
- and i will tag it all the time in future
- your wellbeing is worth twenty extra seconds of my time at least